The goals of this workshop are to:
- Provide a venue for members of the software engineering and research software communities to discuss issues relevant of common interest.
- Identify aspects of software engineering that should be considered for research software education programs at large.
- Identify key areas of study where participants agree there is a lack of existing data or studies.
- Support the building of a common research agenda to address the complex software development issues typical of research software.
- Provide a venue for sharing early work and work-in-progress to obtain feedback from the wider community.