Most conference and journal venues are either software engineering-focused or domain-focused (i.e., computational chemistry or computational hydrology), but rarely on the intersection of those domains. Specifically, within the scientific software community, there are few places to publish results related to the unique software engineering challenges faced by scientific software developers.
The goals of this workshop are to:
- Provide a venue for members of the software engineering and research software communities to discuss issues of common interest.
- Identify aspects of software engineering that should be considered for research software education programs at large.
- Identify key areas of study where participants agree there is a lack of existing data or studies.
- Support the building of a common research agenda to address the complex software development issues typical of research software.
- Provide a venue for sharing early work and work-in-progress to obtain feedback from the wider community.
Call for Papers
Submission deadline: February 1, 2019: See https://se4science.org/workshops/se4science19/cfp.htm