The International Workshop on Software Engineering for Computational Science provides a venue for the software engineers, research software engineers, and computational scientists to discuss issues of common interest.
|Event Name||2021 International Workshop on Software Engineering for Computational Science (SE4Science'21), in conjunction with the International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS)|
|Event Date||June 16, 2021 to June 18, 2021|
|Submission Deadline||Feb 12, 2021. Please see event website for exact deadline, extensions and future updates.|
Most conference and journal venues are either software engineering-focused or domain-focused (i.e., computational chemistry or computational hydrology), but rarely on the intersection of those domains. Specifically, within the computational research software community, there are few places to publish results related to the unique software engineering challenges faced by computational research software developers.
The goals of this workshop are to:
- Provide a venue for members of the software engineering and computational research software communities to discuss issues of common interest.
- Identify aspects of software engineering that should be considered for research software education programs at large.
- Identify key areas of study where participants agree there is a lack of existing data or studies.
- Support the building of a common research agenda to address the complex software development issues typical of research software.
- Provide a venue for sharing early work and work-in-progress to obtain feedback from the wider community.
The call-for-papers for this workshop lists the topics of interest in greater detail, along with the submission instructions. In addition to presentation and discussion of the accepted papers, the workshop plans to devote significant time during the workshop to discussing important topics that arise from the paper presentations. The goal of these discussions will be to (1) develop a joint research plan that can be conducted collectively by workshop participants and (2) development of ideas/draft of position statements to be published externally. Selected papers, from this workshop, will also be invited to submit to the Software Engineering track of Computing in Science & Engineering.
For deadlines, important dates and updates, please visit the SE4Science'21 website.