This workshop, held in Boulder, CO. (and online), November 9-10, 2023, aims to provide a venue to discuss challenges, opportunities, and recent advances in ensuring software correctness and reproducibility for climate and weather modelers, HPC community members, and industry partners.
|Event Name||Workshop on Correctness and Reproducibility for Climate and Weather Software|
|Deadline for abstract submissions||August 1, 2023|
|Notification of acceptance||August 31, 2023|
|Deadline for registration||October 20, 2023 (in person), November 3, 2023 (virtual)|
|Event Dates||November 9-10, 2023|
Topics of interest include but not limited to:
- Tools and approaches for software testing, debugging, quality assurance, and continuous integration.
- Statistical and ensemble-based approaches for evaluating model consistency and software correctness.
- Software design approaches and development practices for streamlining correctness and reproducibility efforts.
- Formal methods, abstraction, and logical proof techniques for rigorous verification.
- Verifying and validating large-scale applications running on HPC clusters, cloud computing systems, heterogeneous systems, GPUs, etc.
- Other software correctness and reproducibility approaches for facilitating verification and validation.
Submissions may include technical results, approaches, experiences, and opinions involving one or more of the above topics applied to:
- Climate and weather simulation codes such as drivers, couplers, frameworks, and model components.
- External libraries and packages used in climate and weather simulation applications.
- Artificial intelligence techniques, such as machine learning and deep learning, applied to climate and weather software.
- Diagnostics, post-processing, visualization tools, and libraries.
- Packaging, environment management, version control, and porting techniques for facilitating reproducibility.
- Other software development and approaches extensively used within the climate and weather simulation context.
Please check the workshop webpage for further details and updates.