Timeline for 2020 BSSw Fellowship Program
- Tuesday, Sept 3, 2019: Fellowship application process opens.
- Friday, Sept 20, 1:00-2:00 pm EDT: Fellowship webinar, Q&A. Please see the FAQ page, where the slides are posted, as well as the questions that have been raised (with answers, of course!) <!--
- Friday, Sept 20, 1:00-2:00 pm EDT: Fellowship webinar, Q&A. Subscribe to our mail list to be notified about details. If you miss the webinar, please see the FAQ page, where we will post the slides, as well as the questions that have been raised (with answers, of course!) -->
- Tuesday, Oct 15, 2019: Application deadline, before midnight, PDT. This is a firm deadline that will not be extended.
- Jan 6, 2020 – March 31, 2021: Period of performance for 2020 BSSw Fellows.
- Feb 3-7, 2020: Fellows announced at DOE ECP Annual Meeting in Houston, TX.
The BSSw Fellowship program fosters and promotes practices, processes, and tools to improve developer productivity and software sustainability of scientific codes. BSSw Fellows are selected annually based on an application process that includes the proposal of a funded activity that promotes better scientific software. We select at least three Fellows per year and honorable mentions as appropriate. Each 2020 BSSw Fellow will receive up to $25,000 for an activity that promotes better scientific software. Activities can include organizing a workshop, preparing a tutorial, or creating content to engage the scientific software community.
- Describe your work relevant to scientific software (1000 - 1500 characters).
- Describe your background and experience relevant to being a BSSw Fellow (1000 - 1500 characters).
Proposed work and impact:
- What would you do as a BSSw Fellow? (1000 - 1500 characters).
- What impact do you foresee from your efforts? (1000 - 1500 characters).
- Which BSSw focus areas and subtopics apply to your proposed work? Specify all that apply. See https://bssw.io for a list of focus areas and subtopics (e.g., Focus Area: Planning; Subtopic: Requirements).
Applications for the BSSw Fellowship Program
Applications are now closed for the 2020 BSSw Fellowship Program. Please check back in summer 2020 for information about the 2021 BSSw Fellowship application process; subscribe to our mailing list to receive details.